IC-2340H - Dual Band VHF/UHF Mobile Transceiver
2m/440 MHz dual band mobile transceiver
RX/TX: 144-148 MHz; 440-450 MHz
Output power: 45 W VHF; 35 W UHF
Receiver sensitivity: 0.16 µV (FM, 12 dB SINAD)
CTCSS encode standard, CTCSS decode (tone squelch) optional
- Frequency Coverage:
- VHF: 144.00-148.00 MHz
- UHF: 440.00-450.00 MHz
- Tuning step increment: 5, 10, 12.5, 20, 25, 30 or 50 kHz
- Number of memory channels: 100 regular, 2 call, 4 scratch pads and 4 scan edges
- Mode: FM (F3)
- Antenna Impedance: 50 ohms (nominal)
- Power Supply Requirement: 13.8 V DC+/-15% (negative ground)
- Current Drain (at 13.8 V DC):
- Transmit: 10.5 A (high)
- Receive: 1.2 A (standby); 1.8 A (max. audio output)
- Frequency stability: ±10 ppm (-10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +144°F)
- Usable Temperature Range: -10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +140°F
- Dimensions (projections not included): 140(W) x 40(H) x 165(D) mm, 5.5(W) x 1.6(H) x 6.5 (D) in
- Weight: 1.3 kg; 2.9 lb.
- Output Power (selectable):
- VHF: 45 W; 10 W; 5 W
- UHF: 25 W; 10 W; 5 W
- Modulation System: Variable reactance frequency modulation
- Max. Frequency Deviation: ±5.0 kHz
- Spurious Emissions: Less than -60 dB
- Microphone Impedance: 600 ohms
- Receive system: Double conversion superheterodyne
- Intermediate frequencies:
- VHF: 1st 17.2 MHz; 2nd 455 kHz
- UHF: 1st 30.85 MHz; 2nd 455 kHz
- Sensitivity: Less than 0.16 µV for 12 dB SINAD
- Squelch sensitivity: Less than 0.13 µV (at threshold)
- Selectivity: More than 15 kHz/-6 dB; Less than 30 dB/-60 dB
- Spurious response rejection: More than 60 dB
- Audio output power: More than 2.4 W at 10% distortion with an 8 ohms load.
- Audio output impedance: 4-8 ohms
- UT-55 DTMF ENCODER/DECODER UNIT: Enables convenient remote control operation via a DTMF equipped microphone and provides pager and code squelch functions for selective calling.
- UT-66 VOICE SYNTHESIZER UNIT: A clear, electronically generated voice announces the operating frequency in English or Japanese.
- UT-89 TONE SQUELCH UNIT: Provides pocket beep and tone scan functions and ensures quiet stand-by. Can also be used as a subaudible tone encoder.
DC POWER SUPPLY AND CABLES
- IC-PS30 DC POWER SUPPLY: Output voltage:13.8 V; Max. current drain: 25 A. Equipped with 3 output connectors.
- OPC-345 DC POWER CABLE: Supplied with the IC-2340H. Cable length: 3 m (9.8 ft); capacity: 15 A.
- OPC-347 DC POWER CABLE: Cable length: 7 m (23.0 ft); capacity: 20 A.
- OPC-440 MIC EXTENSION CABLE: Extends the microphone cable. Cable length: 5.0 m (16.4 ft)
- HM-77/A DTMF MICROPHONE: Equipped with 14 DTMF memory channels for auto dialing and 1750 Hz tone call functions. Also provides remote control capabilities. Same type as supplied with the transceiver.
- HM-78 HAND MICROPHONE
- SM-8 HAND MICROPHONE: Equipped with a 1750 Hz tone call function.
- SP-7 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: Large speaker suitable for base station operation. Input impedance: 8 ohms; Max. input power: 5 W.
- SP-10 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: Compact design provides excellent audio in your vehicle. Input impedance: 8 ohms; Max. input power: 5 W.
- SP-12 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: Slim-type speaker for mobile operation. Easily installed on a sun visor, dashboard, etc. Input impedance: 8 ohms; Max. input power: 3 W.
- MB-17A MOBILE MOUNTING BRACKET: One-touch bracket. Transceiver body is easily attached and removed.
- MB-59 MOBILE MOUNTING BRACKET: Same as supplied with the IC-2340H.