IC-706 - HF/6m/2m Mobile/Base All Mode Transceiver
HF/6m/2m all mode transceiver
base or mobile
RX: 30 kHz-200 MHz
TX: all HF amateur bands + 6 meter and 2 meter amateur bands
Output power: 100 W HF and 6m (40 W AM), 10 W on 2m (4 W AM)
Modes: CW, USB, LSB, RTTY, AM, FM, WFM
Receiver sensitivity: see the table in detailed specifications
- Frequency Coverage:
- Receiver tuning range: 30 kHz-200 MHz
- Receiver performance optimized for the Amateur radio bands
- Receiver performance specifications guaranteed for the following ranges:
- 500 kHz - 4.000 MHz
- 4.500 MHz - 8.000 MHz
- 9.000 MHz - 29.995 MHz
- 50.000 MHz - 54.000 MHz
- 144 MHz - 148.00 MHz
- Receiver performance outside of the guaranteed range may vary.
- Mode: LSB/USB, CW, RTTY (FSK). AM, FM, WFM (receive only)
- Number of memory channels: 102 (99 regular, 2 scan edges and 1 call)
- Antenna connector: 2 x SO-259 (one for HF/50 MHz, the other for 144 MHz)
- Power Supply Requirement: 13.8 V DC ±15%, 20 A
- Frequency resolution: 1 Hz minimum
- Current Drain (at 13.8 V DC):
- Receive squelched: 1.7 A
- Receive max. audio output: 1.9 A
- Dimensions: 167(W) x 58(H) x 200(D) mm, 6.6(W) x 2.28(H) x 7.88(D) in (projections not included)
- Weight: 2.5 kg; 5 lb. 8 oz.
- Output power:
- SSB/CW/RTTY/FM: 5 to 100 W (1.8 - 50 MHz band); 1 W to 10 W(144 MHz band)
- AM: 2 W to 40 W (1.8 - 50 MHz band); 1 W to 4 W (144 MHz band)
- Spurious emissions: Less than -50 dB (1.8 - 28 MHz bands); Less than -60 dB (50 - 144 MHz bands)
- Carrier suppression: Less than -40 dB
- Unwanted sideband: Less than -50 dB
- Receive system:
- SSB/CW/RTTY/AM/WFM: Double conversion superheterodyne
- FM: Triple conversion superheterodyne
- Intermediate frequencies:
||455 kHz (FM only)
- Sensitivity (preamp ON):
|SSB/CW/RTTY (10 dB S/N)
|AM (10 dB S/N)
|FM (12 dB SINAD)
||0.5 µV (28-29.7 MHz)
- Squelch sensitivity (preamp ON):
- SSB - Less than 5.6 µV
- FM - Less than 0.5 µV
- Selectivity (normal):
- SSB/CW/RTTY - More than 2.3 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 4.0 kHz/-60 dB
- AM - More than 6.0 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 20 kHz/-40 dB
- FM - More than 15.0 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 30 kHz/-50 dB
- Spurious and image rejection ratio: More than 70 dB (1.8-28 MHz)
- Audio output power: More than 2.0 W with an 8 ohm load
- IC-4KL 1 kW LINEAR AMPLIFIER: Includes a fully automatic antenna tuner. (An optional OPC-599 is required.)
- AH-2b Antenna Element: A 2.5 m long antenna for mobile operation with the AH-3.
- AH-3 100 W AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: For use with a long wire antenna.
- AT-180 HF + 50 MHz AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: Style and size are matched with the IC-706.
- EX-627 HF AUTOMATIC ANTENNA SELECTOR: Automatically selects the antenna. 9 separate antennas can be connected. (An optional OPC-599 is required.)
- MB-62 MOBILE MOUNTING BRACKET: For mounting the IC-706 main unit.
- MB-63 MOBILE MOUNTING BRACKET: For mounting the detached front panel.
- OPC-581 SEPARATION CABLE: Provides separate operation up to 3.5 m (11 ft)
- IC-PS30 DC POWER SUPPLY: 13.8 V DC/25 A max.
- PS-85 DC POWER SUPPLY: 13.8 V DC/20 A max.
- IC-SP3 EXTERNAL SPEAKER (8 ohms/4 W)
- SM-8 DESKTOP MICROPHONE: Equipped with two connection cables. (An optional OPC-599 is required.)
- SM-20 DESKTOP MICROPHONE: High quality. (An optional OPC-599 is required.)
- SP-7 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: Compact speaker for base station use.
- SP-10 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: Heavy duty speaker for mobile use.
- SP-12 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: Thin type speaker for mobile use.
- CR-502 HIGH-STABILITY CRYSTAL UNIT
- CT-16 SATELLITE INTERFACE UNIT
- CT-17 CI-V LEVEL CONVERTER
- FL-100 CW NARROW FILTER (500 Hz/-6 dB)
- FL-101 CW NARROW FILTER (250 Hz/-6 dB)
- FL-103 SSB WIDE FILTER (2.8 kHz/-6 dB)
- FL-223 SSB NARROW FILTER (1.9 KHz/-6 dB)
- HM-103 HAND MICROPHONE (same as supplied)
- OPC-025B DC POWER CABLE (same as supplied)
- OPC-589 ADAPTER CABLE
- OPC-598 ACC EXTENSION (7 m for the AT-180)
- OPC-599 ADAPTER CABLE
- UT-102 VOICE SYNTHESIZER UNIT