IC-736/738 - HF/6m Base Transceiver
HF base transceiver
RX: 500 kHz-29.995 MHz, 50 MHz-54 MHz
TX: all amateur HF bands + 6 meters
Output power: 100 W (40 W AM)
Modes: CW, SSB, AM, FM
Receiver sensitivity: see the table in the detailed specifications
- Frequency Coverage:
- 500 kHz - 29.995
- 50 MHz - 54 MHz (736 only)
- 1.800 - 1.99999 MHz
- 3.500 - 4.000 MHz
- 7.000 - 7.300 MHz
- 10.100 - 10.150 MHz
- 14.000 - 14.350 MHz
- 18.068 - 18.168 MHz
- 21.000 - 21.450 MHz
- 24.890 - 24.990 MHz
- 28.000 - 29.700 MHz
- 50.000 - 54.000 MHz (736 only)
- Mode: SSB, CW, AM, FM
- Number of memory channels: 101 (89 regular, 10 split, 2 scan edges)
- Antenna impedance: 50 ohms nominal
- Usable Temperature Range: -10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +140°F
- Frequency stability: Less than ±200 Hz from 1 min. to 60 min. after power ON. After that, the rate of stability change is less than ±30 Hz/hr at +25°C; +77°F. Temperature fluctuations (0°C to +50°C; +32°F to +122°F) less than ±350 Hz.
- Power Supply Requirement: 120 V type 85 - 135 V AC; 230 V type 187 - 265 V AC
- Power consumption:
- Transmit: max. power 500 VA
- Receive: squelched = 75 VA; max. audio = 80 V
- Dimensions: 330(W) x 111(H) x 285(D) mm, 13.0(W) x 4.4(H) x 11.2(D) in (projections not included)
- Weight: 10.5 kg; 23.1 lb.
- Output power:
- SSB, CW, FM: 5 - 100 W continuously adjustable
- AM: 4 - 40 W continuously adjustable
- Spurious emissions: Less than -50 dB (HF bands); Less than -60 dB (50 MHz dB)
- Carrier suppression: More than 40 dB
- Unwanted sideband: More than 50 dB
- Microphone impedance: 600 ohms
- Receive system: Triple-conversion superheterodyne
- Intermediate frequencies:
- Sensitivity (pre-amp ON) (1.8 to 30 MHz):
- SSB, CW (10 dB S/N): 1.8 - 29.995 MHz Less than 0.15 µV
- 50 - 54 MHz Less than 0.13 µV
- AM (10 dB S/N): 0.5 - 1.8 MHz Less than 13.0 µV
- 1.8 - 29.995 MHz Less than 2.0 µV
- 50 - 54 MHz Less than 1.6 µV
- FM (12 dB SINAD): 28 - 29.7 MHz Less than 0.5 µV
- 50 - 54 MHz Less than 0.3 µV
- Squelch sensitivity (pre-amp ON):
- SSB - Less than 5.6 µV at threshold
- FM - Less than 0.3 µV at threshold
- SSB, CW - More than 2.1 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 4.0 kHz/-60 dB
- AM - More than 6.0 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 20.0 kHz/-40 dB
- FM - More than 12 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 30 kHz/-50 dB
- Spurious and image rejection ratio: More than 70 dB (except IF through in 50 MHz band)
- Audio output power: More than 2.6 W at 10% distortion with an 8 ohm load
- RIT/DTX variable range: ±9.999 kHz
- Matching impedance range: HF bands - 16.7 - 150 ohms unbalanced (Less than VSWR 3:1); 50 MHz bands - 20 - 125 ohms unbalanced (Less than VSWR 2.5:1)
- Minimum operating input power: 8 W
- Insertion loss (after tuning): Less than 1.0 dB
- IC-4KL 1 kW HF LINEAR AMPLIFIER: All solid state linear amplifier. The amplifier/power supply unit and remote control unit are separated.
- IC-2KL 500 W HF LINEAR AMPLIFIER: All solid state linear amplifier. The power amplifier unit can be separately set up from the power supply unit.
Automatic Antenna Tuners, Antenna Element and Antenna Selector
- IC-AT500 500 W HF AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: Best match for the IC-736 with the IC-2KL. Includes an automatic antenna selector for 4 separate antennas.
- AT-150 100 W HF AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: Includes an automatic antenna selector for 3 separate antennas.
- AH-3 100 W HF AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: Weather-proof tuner matches the IC-736 to a long wire antenna for outdoor set up.
- AH-2b HF ANTENNA ELEMENT: For mobile operation with the AH-3.
- EX-627 HF AUTOMATIC ANTENNA SELECTOR: For use when you want to connect more than 2 antennas: provides connections for up to 9 separate antennas.
Internal Units and Filters
- UT-30 PROGRAMMABLE TONE ENCODER UNIT: Provides 38 programmable subaudible tones.
- CR-282 HIGH-STABILITY CRYSTAL UNIT: Frequency stability: ±0.5 ppm (-30°C to +60°C)
- FL-52A/Fl-53A/FL-100/FL-101 CW NARROW FILTERS:
- 455 kHz: FL-52A (500 Hz/-6 dB); FL-53A (250 Hz/-6 dB)
- 9.0106 MHz: FL-100 (500 Hz/-6 dB); FL-101 (250 Hz/-6 dB)
- IC-SP3 EXTERNAL SPEAKER (8 ohms/4 W)
- SP-7 EXTERNAL SPEAKER (8 ohms/5 W)
- SP-20 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: High performance speaker including 4 audio filters and a headphone jack. Can be connected to 2 transceivers.(8 ohms/5 W)
- SP-21 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: (8 ohms/5 W)
- SM-6 DESKTOP MICROPHONE
- SM-8 DESKTOP MICROPHONE
- SM-20 DESKTOP MICROPHONE
- CT-16 SATELLITE INTERFACE UNIT: Easy tuning for instant satellite communications.
- CT-17 CI-V LEVEL CONVERTER: For remote transceiver control using a personal computer. Equipped with an RS-232C output port.
- MB-49 MOBILE MOUNTING BRACKET