IC-756 - HF/6m Base Transceiver
HF/6 meter base transceiver
RX: 0.03-60.0 MHz
TX: all amateur HF bands + 6 meter band
Output power: 100 W (40 W AM)
Modes: CW, SSB, AM, FM, RTTY
Receiver sensitivity: see detailed specifications
- Frequency Coverage:
*1 Some frequency bands are not guaranteed
- Receive: 0.030 - 60.000 MHz *1
- 1.800 - 1.999 MHz *2
- 3.500 - 3.999 MHz *2
- 7.000 - 7.300 MHz *2
- 10.100 - 10.150 MHz *2
- 14.000 - 14.350 MHz *2
- 18.068 - 18.168 MHz *2
- 21.000 - 21.450 MHz *2
- 24.890 - 24.990 MHz *2
- 28.000 - 29.700 MHz *2
- 50.000 - 54.000 MHz *2
*2 Depending on version
- Mode: USB, LSB, CW, RTTY, AM, FM
- Number of Memory Channels: 101 (99 regular, 2 scan edges)
- Antenna Connector: PL-239x2 and phono [(RCA); 50 ohms]
- Usable Temperature Range: -10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +140°F
- Frequency Stability: Less than ±200 Hz from 1 min. to 60 min. after power ON. After that, the rate of stability change is less than ±30 Hz/hr at +25°C; +77°F. Temperature fluctuations 0 °C to +50°C (+32°F to + 122°F) less than ±350Hz.
- Frequency Resolution: 1 Hz
- Power Supply Requirement: 13.8 V ±15% (negative ground)
- Current Consumption:
- Transmit max. power: 20A
- Receive standby: 2.5A
- max. audio: 2.7A
- Dimensions: 340(W) x 111(H) x 285(D) mm, 13.37(W) x 4.37(H) x 11.22(D) in (projections not included)
- Weight: 10.5 kg; 23.1 lb.
- CI-V Connector: 2-conductor 3.5(d) mm (1/8")
- Output Power:
- SSB/CW/RTTY/FM: 2-100 W
- AM: 1-40 W
- Modulation System:
- SSB, AM: PSN modulation
- FM: Variable reactance modulation
- Spurious Emissions: 50 dB (HF bands), 60 dB(50MHz bands)
- Carrier Suppression: 40 dB
- Unwanted Sideband Suppression: 55 dB
- Delta TX Variable Range: ±9.999 kHz
- Microphone Connector: 8-pin connector (600 ohms)
- ELE-KEY Connector: 3-conductor 6.35 (d) mm (1/4")
- KEY Connector: 3-conductor 6.35 (d) mm (1/4")
- SEND Connector: Phono (RCA)
- ALC Connector: Phono (RCA)
- SSB, CW, RTTY - 0.16 µV (1.80-29.99 MHz)*1
- (10 dB S/N) - 0.13 µV (50.0-54.0 MHz)*2
- AM - 13 µV (0.5-1.799 MHz)
- (10 dB S/N) - 2 µV (1.80-29.99 MHz)*1
- FM - 0.5 µV (28.0-29.99 MHz)*1
- (12 dB SINAD) 0.32 µV (50.0-54.0 MHz)*2
- *1 Pre-amp 1 ON, *2Pre-amp 2 ON
- Squelch Sensitivity (threshold):
- SSB, CW, RTTY - Less than 5.6 µV
- FM - Less than 1.0 µV
- SSB, CW, RTTY - More than 2.4 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 3.8 kHz/-60 dB
- AM - More than 9.0 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 20 kHz/-60 dB
- FM - More than 12 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 30 kHz/-60 dB
- Spurious and Image Rejection Ratio: More than 70 dB (except IF through in 50 MHz band)
- Delta RIT Variable Range: ±9.999 kHz
- Audio Output Power (at 13.8 V DC): More than 2.0 W at 10% distortion with an 8 ohm load
- PHONES Connector: 3-conductor 6.35 (d) mm (1/4")
- EXT SP Connector: 2-conductor 3.5 (d) mm (1/8") 8 ohms
- Matching Impedance Range:
- HF Bands: 16.7 to 150 ohms unbalanced *1
- 50 MHz band: 20 to 125 ohms unbalanced *2
- *1 Less than VSWR 3:1; *2Less than VSWR 2.5:1
- Minimum Operating Input Power:
- HF bands: 8 W
- 50 MHz band: 15 W
- Tuning Accuracy: VSWR 1.5:1 or less
- Insertion Loss (after tuning): Less than 1.0 dB
- IC-4KL HF 1 kW LINEAR AMPLIFIER: This is an all solid-state, full-duty 1 kW linear amplifier including an automatic antenna tuner. The IC-4KL is fully controllable from the IC-756. No need to tune and no need to switch the operating band. Full break-in (QSK) operation is possible. The amplifier/power supply unit and the remote control unit are separated.
- IC-2KL HF 500 W LINEAR AMPLIFIER: All solid state linear amplifier. The power amplifier unit can be separately set up from the power supply unit.
Automatic Antenna Tuners, Antenna Element and Antenna Selector
- IC-AT500 HF 500 W AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: Includes automatic antenna selector for 4 separate antennas.
- AH-3 100 W HF AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: Weather-proof tuner matches the IC-756 to a long wire antenna for outdoor set up.
- AH-2b Antenna Element: A 2.5 m long antenna for mobile operation with the AH-3. All bands between 3.5 to 29.7 MHz can be matched.
- EX-627 AUTOMATIC ANTENNA SELECTOR: Automatically selects the antenna for the selected ham band. Manual selection is also possible. Max input power: 1000 W PEP
DC Power Supplies
- PS-85 DC POWER SUPPLY: Output: 13.8 V DC (20 A max.)
- SP-20 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: 4 audio filters; headphone jack; can connect to 2 transceivers. Input impedance: 8 ohms; Max input power: 5 W
- SP-21 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: Designed for base station operation. Input impedance: 8 ohms; Max input power: 5 W
- SM-8 DESKTOP MICROPHONE: Electret condenser-type desktop microphone including 2 connection cables for simultaneous connection of 2 transceivers. [Up/Down] switches are included.
- SM-20 DESKTOP MICROPHONE: Unidirectional, electret microphone for base station operation. Includes [Up]/[Down] switches and a low cut function.
Internal Units and Filters
- FL-100, FL-101, FL-223, and FL-232 9 MHz FILTERS: Have good shape factor and provide you with better reception.
- FL-100: 500 Hz/-6 dB (CW/RTTY nar.)
- FL-101: 250 Hz/-6 dB (CW nar.)
- FL-223: 1.9 kHz/-6 dB (SSB nar.)
- FL-232: 350 kHz/-6 db (RTTY, CW nar.)
- FL-52A, FL-53A, FL-222, and FL-257 455 kHz FILTERS: Have good shape factor and provide you with better reception.
- FL-52A: 500 Hz/-6 dB (CW/RTTY nar.)
- FL-53A: 250 Hz/-6 dB (CW nar.)
- FL-222: 1.8 kHz/-6 dB (SSB nar.)
- FL-257: 3.3 kHz/-6 db (SSB wide)
- CT-16 SATELLITE INTERFACE UNIT: Easy tuning when connecting another Icom VHF transceiver for instant satellite communications.
- CT-17 CI-V LEVEL CONVERTER: For remote transceiver control using a personal computer. Equipped with an RS-232C port. You can change frequencies, operating mode, memory channels, etc.
- UT-102 VOICE SYNTHESIZER UNIT: Announces operating frequency and mode.
- CR-502 HIGH-STABILITY CRYSTAL UNIT: Contains a temperature-compensating oven heater and crystal unit for improved frequency stability. Frequency stability: ± 0.5 ppm.