IC-765 - HF Base Transceiver
HF base transceiver
RX: 0.1-30.0 MHz
TX: all amateur HF bands
Output power: 100 W (40 W AM)
Modes: CW, SSB, AM, FM
Receiver sensitivity: see the table in the detailed specifications
- Frequency Coverage:
- Receive: 0.10000 ~ 30.00000 MHz
- (guaranteed range 500 kHz ~ 30 MHz)
- 160-m band 1.8 ~ 2.0 MHz
- 80-m band 3.5 ~ 4.0 MHz
- 40-m band 7.0 ~ 7.3 MHz
- 30-m band 10.1 ~ 10.15 MHz
- 20-m band 14.0 ~ 14.35 MHz
- 17-m band 18.068 ~ 18.168 MHz
- 15-m band 21.0 ~ 21.45 MHz
- 12-m band 24.89 ~ 24.99 MHz
- 10-m band 28.0 ~ 29.7 MHz
- Modes: SSB(A3J), CW(A1), AM(A3), FM(F3), RTTY(F1)
- Number of memory channels: 99 plus P1 and P2
- Antenna impedance: 50 ohms (unbalanced)
- Usable Temperature Range: -10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +140°F
- Frequency stability: Less than ±200 Hz from 1 min. to 60 min. after power ON. After that, the rate of stability change is less than ±30 Hz/hr at +25°C; +77°F. Temperature fluctuations (0°C to +50°C; +32°F to +122°F) less than ±350 Hz.
- Power Supply Requirement: 100 ~ 117 V AC (U.S.A. version); 220 ~ 240 V AC (Australia, Europe, France versions)
- Power consumption:
- Transmit: 250 VA (at minimum output); 650 VA (at maximum output)
- Receive: squelched (1.3 VA); at maximum audio output (80 VA)
- Dimensions: 424(W) x 150(H) x 390(D) mm, 16.7(W) x 5.9(H) x 15.4(D) in (projections not included)
- Weight: 17.5 kg; 38.6 lb.
- Output power:
- SSB, CW, FM: 10 to 100 W continuously adjustable
- AM: 10 to 40 W continuously adjustable
- Modulation system:
- SSB: balanced modulation
- AM: low power modulation
- FM: variable reactance frequency modulation
- Maximum frequency deviation: ±5 kHz (FM)
- Spurious emissions: More than 60 dB below peak output power
- Carrier suppression: More than 40 dB below peak output power
- Unwanted sideband: More than 55 dB below peak output power (at 1000 Hz AF input)
- Microphone impedance: 600 ohms
- DTX variable range: ±9.99 kHz
- Receive system: Quadruple-conversion superheterodyne (SSB, CW, AM, RTTY); Triple-conversion superheterodyne (FM)
- Intermediate frequencies:
- Sensitivity (preamp ON):
- SSB, CW, RTTY (for 10 dB S/N):
- 0.1 ~ 0.5 MHz Less than 0.7 µV
- 0.5 ~ 1.8 MHz Less than 1.0 µV
- 1.8 ~ 30.0 MHz Less than 0.15 µV
- AM (for 10 dB S/N, narrow filter selected):
- 0.1 ~ 0.5 MHz Less than 4.4 µV
- 0.5 ~ 1.8 MHz Less than 6.3 µV
- 1.6 ~ 30.0 MHz Less than 1.0 µV
- FM (for 12 dB SINAD):
- 28 ~ 30 MHz Less than 0.3 µV
- SSB: More than 2.2 kHz/-6 dB; Less than 4.2 kHz/-60 dB
- CW (narrow), RTTY (narrow): More than 500 kHz/-6 dB; Less than 1 kHz/-60 dB
- AM: More than 6 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 18 kHz/-50 dB
- FM: More than 15 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 30 kHz/-50 dB
- Audio output power: More than 2.6 W with an 8 ohm load at 10% distortion
- Audio output impedance: 8 ohms
- RIT variable range: ±9.99 kHz
- Input impedance: 50 ohms unbalanced
- Output matching range (when tuner switch is ON): 16.7 ~150 ohms (unbalanced)
- Waiting time for band changing: Less than 3 seconds
- Auto tuning accuracy: VSWR 1.2:1 or less
- IC-4KL 1 kW HF LINEAR AMPLIFIER: An advanced new all-solid-state amplifier equipped with a fully automatic antenna tuner.
- CR-282 HIGH STABILITY CRYSTAL UNIT: Contains a temperature-compensating oven heater and crystal unit for improved frequency stability. (±100 Hz, -10°C ~ +60°C; -14±F ~ +140±F)
- CT-16 SATELLITE INTERFACE UNIT: Easy tuning for instant satellite communications using an Icom transceiver.
- CT-17 CI-V LEVEL CONVERTER: For remote transceiver control using a personal computer. Equipped with an RS-232C output port.
- EX-627 AUTOMATIC ANTENNA SELECTOR: Allows connection of up to 9 separate antennas to the IC-765. The most suitable antenna is automatically selected from up to 7 antennas when the operating band is changed in the IC-765. Manual selection is also possible.
- FL-53A CW NARROW FILTER (455 kHz, 250 Hz/-6 dB)
- FL-101 CW NARROW FILTER (9.0106 MHz, 250 Hz/-6 dB) These filters have good shape factors and provide you with better CW reception when band conditions are crowded.
- FL-102 AM FILTER (9.0100 MHz, 6 kHz/-6 dB) This filter has good shape factor and provides you with clearer broadcast reception.
- MB-19 RACK MOUNTING HANDLES: Transceiver mounting handles for a 19-inch mounting rack.
- SM-6 DESKTOP MICROPHONE: Easy to use desktop microphone for base station operation.
- SM-8 DESKTOP MICROPHONE: UP/DOWN switches included. Can be connected to 2 Icom transceivers.
- SM-20 DESKTOP MICROPHONE: High-quality microphone with a heavy, stable base. Equipped with a low-frequency cut capability.
- HM-36 HAND MICROPHONE: Includes UP/DOWN switches for scanning.
- SP-20 EXTERNAL SPEAKER WITH AUDIO FILTERS: High performance speaker including 4 audio filters for greater sound quality. Style and size are matched with the IC-765 (8 ohms/5 W)
- UT-30 PROGRAMMABLE TONE ENCODER UNIT: Subaudible tone encoder for accessing a 29 MHz FM repeater. All programmed tones are available.
- UT-36 VOICE SYNTHESIZER UNIT: A clear, electronically generated voice announces the displayed frequency in English or Japanese.