IC-T42A - Single Band 440 MHz Handheld Transceiver
440 MHz single band handheld transceiver
RX: 400-470 MHz
TX: 440-450 MHz
Output power: 5 W
Receiver sensitivity: 0.16 µV (FM, 12 dB SINAD)
CTCSS encode standard, CTCSS decode (tone squelch) optional
- Frequency Coverage:
- Tx: 440-450 MHz; Rx: 400-470* MHz (* 440-450 guaranteed)
- Mode: FM
- Acceptable power supply: 4.5 to 16 V DC
- Number of memory channels: 87 (max.)
- Tuning steps: 5, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 30 or 50 kHz
- Dial select steps: 100 kHz or 1 MHz
- Current Drain (at 13.5 V, typical values):
- Transmit (high): 1.4 A; Transmit (low): 500 mA
- Receive (rated audio): 150 mA; Receive (power saved): 15 mA (average)
- Usable Temperature Range: -10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +140°F.
- Dimensions: (with BP-171 or BP-180): 57(W) x 110(H) x 27(D) mm; 2.25(W) x 4.81(H) x 1.125(D) in
- Weight: 300 g; 10.6 oz
- Output power:
- At 13.5 or 9.6 V: 5 W or 500 mW
- At 7.2 V (approx.): 3.5 W or 500 mW
- Modulation system: Variable reactance frequency modulation
- Spurious emissions: Less than -60 dB
- Maximum frequency deviation: ±5.0 kHz
- Microphone impedance: 2000 ohms
- Receive system: Double conversion superheterodyne
- Intermediate frequencies:
- 1st: 30.85 MHz
- 2nd: 450 kHz
- Sensitivity (typical): Less than 0.16 µV
- Squelch sensitivity (at threshold): Less than 0.16 µV
- Spurious and image rejection: Less than -50 dB (except 1/2 of image freq.)
- Audio output power (at 13.5 V): More than 200 mW (10% distortion with an 8 ohm load)
- Audio output impedance: 8 ohms
Battery Packs and Battery Case
- BP-170 BATTERY CASE: R6 (AA) batteries x 4.
- BP-171 BATTERY PACK: 4.8 V, 700 mAh.
- BP-172 BATTERY PACK: 4.8 V, 950 mAh.
- BP-173 BATTERY PACK: 9.6 V, 650 mAh.
- BP-180 BATTERY PACK: 7.2 V, 600 mAh.
- AD-56 BATTERY PACK ADAPTER
- BC-74A/E/D/V or BC-110V WALL CHARGER: Regularly charge battery packs. The same as supplied with some versions.
- BC-79 DESKTOP CHARGER: Rapidly charges battery packs BP-171, BP-172, BP-173 or BP-180. Both AC and DC can be used to power the charger.
- CP-12L CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE WITH NOISE FILTER: Allows you to operate the transceiver through a 12 V cigarette lighter socket. Also charges battery packs.
- OPC-254L DC POWER CABLE: For operating the transceiver with 4.5 to 16 V DC; also charges battery packs at 12 to 16 V DC.
Microphones and Headset
- HM-46 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Compact and lightweight. Equipped with an earphone jack.
- HM-54 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Durable, full-sized.
- HM-75A REMOTE CONTROL MICROPHONE: Allows you to remotely select memory channels, operating frequency, etc.
- HS-85 HEADSET: Lightweight headset allows you hands-free operation. Includes VOX, PTT, "one-touch PTT" (TOT).
- SP-13 EARPHONE: Provides clear audio in noisy environments.
- LC-125 CARRYING CASE: For use with BP-170, BP-171 or BP-172
- LC-126 CARRYING CASE: For use with BP-173 or BP-180
- UT-94 TONE SQUELCH UNIT: Provides tone squelch, pocket beep and tone scan functions.
- MB-30 MOBILE MOUNTING BRACKET: For mounting the transceiver on the inside door panel of a vehicle.