- Frequency Coverage (Rx and Tx)*:
- 400-430 MHz
- 430-470 MHz
- 470-520 MHz
- *varies according to version
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz, 30 kHz, 12.5 kHz, 15 kHz
- Modulation: ± 5.0 kHz, ±2.5 kHz (wide or narrow, selectable per channel)
- Usable Temperature Range: -30°C to +60°C; -22°F to +140°F
- Output power: 5 W (high) and dealer programmable low powers
- Spurious emissions: 70 dB
- Frequency stability: ±0.0005%
- Sensitivity (for 12 dB SINAD): 0.35 µV
- Adjacent channel selectivity: 70 dB
- Spurious response: 70 dB
- Transmit distortion: 5%
- Transmit signal to noise radio: 43 dB typical
- Receive sensitivity (for 12 dB SINAD): 0.25 µV
- Receive audio output power: 500 mW at 5% dist.
- Current consumption:
- Receive: 55 mA (standby); 450 mA (max. audio)
- Transmit: 2.5 A
- Dimensions: 60(W) x 140(H) x 42(D) mm; 2.38(W) x 5.5(H) x 1.66(D) in
- Weight: 520 g; 1.1 lb
Measurements made in accordance with EIA-240D and EIA-152C. All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
INTRINSICALLY SAFE TYPE APPROVAL
There are versions that conform to intrinsically safe ratings of the FMRC (Factory Mutual Research Corporation). Ask your ICOM dealer for details.
- Intrinsically safe: Class I, II, III, Division 1, Groups C, D, E, F, G
- Nonincentive: Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D
- Connected battery pack: CM-141
- CM-140(Ni-Cd) BATTERY PACK: Voltage: 7.2 V; Capacity: 1400 mAh; Charging period: 110 min. (w/BM-96) 15 hr. (w/BM-97)
- CM-141(Ni-Cd) BATTERY PACK: Voltage: 7.2 V; Capacity: 1400 mAh; Charging period: 110 min. (w/BM-96) 15 hr. (w/BM-97); Intrinsically safe.
- CM-142(Ni-MH) BATTERY PACK: Voltage: 7.2 V; Capacity: 1600 mAh; Charging period: 120 min. (w/BM-96) 15 hr. (w/BM-97)
- BM-96/BM-97 DESKTOP CHARGER: Desktop charger for the CM-140, CM-141 and CM-142. An AC adapter is supplied with the charger to charge a battery pack from an AC outlet. BM-96: Rapid charge type; BM-97: 15-hr type.
- EM-81 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Provides convenient lightweight operation while hanging the transceiver from your belt, etc.
- MB-54 CHARGER MOUNT BRACKET: Allows you to secure the BM-96/BM-97 DESKTOP CHARGER inside a vehicle. A strap is supplied to support the transceiver during charging.
- UT-96 Provides 2-tone and 5-tone encode and decode capability.