- Frequency Coverage:
- 150-174 MHz
- 136-150 MHz
- 150-174 MHz
- 136-150 MHz
- Ask your Icom dealer for permitted frequency range in your area.
- Mode: FM (16K0F3E); FM(8K50F3E) (IC-H28 narrow type)
- Number of channels: Up to 16
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz; 12.5 kHz (IC-H28 narrow type)
- Useable battery pack: CM-80, CM-92
- Usable Temperature Range: -30°C to +60°C; -22°F to +140°F
- Frequency stability: ±0.0005% (-30°C to +60°C)
- Dimensions (with CM-80): 58(W) x 149(H) x 29(D) mm; 2.3(W) x 5.9(H) x 1.1(D) in
- Weight (with CM-80): 440 g; 15.5 oz
- Shock or vibration: Meets or exceeds all EIA RS-316B
- Programmable CTCSS tone: All EIA standard frequencies
- Optional DTMF keyboard: 3 x 4 keyboard, 12 standard DTMF tones
- Output power (with CM-80):
- High: 5 W
- Low 1: 2 W
- Low 2: 1 W
- Max. frequency deviation: ±5 kHz; ±2.5 kHz (narrow type)
- Spurious emissions: -65 dB
- Harmonic emissions: -65 dB
- FM noise and hum: -45 dB; -40 dB (narrow type)
- Sensitivity (for 12 dB SINAD): 0.25 µV
- Squelch sensitivity (threshold): 0.25 µV
- Adjacent channel selectivity: -70 dB; -60 dB (narrow type)
- Spurious response rejection: -70 dB
- Audio output power: 500 mW with an 8 ohm load
INTRINSICALLY SAFE TYPE APPROVAL
There are versions that conform to intrinsically safe ratings of the FMRC (Factory Mutual Research Corporation). Ask your ICOM dealer for details.
- Intrinsically safe: Class I, II and III; Division 1, Groups C, D, E, F and G
- Nonincentive: Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C and D
- Max. temperature range: T4A
- Connected battery pack: CM-92 or CM-97
Some versions cannot use all options listed below, since type approvals for the IC-H28 vary between countries. Ask your ICOM dealer for details.
- AD-10 CHARGER ADAPTER: Allows you to charge the CM-80 or CM-92 with the CM-60A.
- BM-77U/E DESKTOP CHARGER: Rapidly charges the CM-80 or CM-92 in 1 hr. and the CM-97 in 3 hrs.
- BM-82U/E DESKTOP CHARGER: Rapidly charges the CM-80, CM-92 or CM-97 in 80 min.
- CM-60A MULTI-CHARGER: Simultaneously charges up to 6 separate CM-80's and CM-92's in 5 hrs. The AD-10 is required for each battery pack.
- CM-80 BATTERY PACK: Voltage: 7.2 V; Capacity: 600 mAh. Non-intrinsically safe.
- CM-92 BATTERY PACK: Voltage: 7.2 V; Capacity: 600 mAh. Intrinsically safe.
- CM-97 BATTERY PACK: Voltage: 7.2 V; Capacity: 1400 mAh. Intrinsically safe.
- EM-74 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Combination speaker and microphone. Clips to your shirt or lapel.
- UT-68 2-TONE DECODER UNIT: A 2-tone system that receives only specific stations and provides a "personalized" squelch.
- UT-69 DTCS ENCODER/DECODER UNIT: Ensures quiet stand-by with a 3-digit code. Capable of all the standard 177 digital codes.
- UT-77 DTMF ENCODER UNIT: Provides autopatch operation.