- Frequency Coverage:
- 450-470 MHz*
- *Ask your Icom dealer for permitted frequency range in your area.
- Frequency bandwidth: 20 MHz
- Mode: FM (16K0F3E)
- Number of channels: Up to 6
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz
- Useable battery pack: CM-79 (intrinsically safe)
- Usable Temperature Range: -30°C to +60°C; -22°F to +140°F
- Frequency stability: ±0.0005% (-30°C to +60°C)
- Dimensions (With CM-79): 58(W) x 149(H) x 29(D) mm; 2.3(W) x 5.9(H) x 1.1(D) in
- Weight (with CM-79): 440 g; 15.5 oz
- Shock or vibration: Meets or exceeds all EIA RS-316B
- Programmable CTCSS tone: All EIA standard frequencies
- Optional DTMF keyboard: 3 x 4 keyboard, 12 standard DTMF tones
- Output power (with CM-79): 1.5 W
- Spurious emissions: -60 dB
- Harmonic emissions: -60 dB
- FM noise and hum: -43 dB
- Sensitivity (for 12 dB SINAD): 0.32 µV
- Squelch sensitivity: 0.32 µV
- Adjacent channel selectivity: -70 dB
- Modulation acceptance: ±7 kHz
- Intermodulation rejection: -60 dB
- Image rejection: -50 dB
- Spurious rejection: -60 dB
- Audio output power: 300 mW with an 8 ohm load
FCC AND DOC DESIGNATIONS
- FCC designation: AFJ IC-U8
- DOC designation: Pending type of approval at time of printing
Measurements made in accordance with EIA RS-316B AND RS-204C. All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
INTRINSICALLY SAFE TYPE APPROVAL
The IC-U8S1 conforms to intrinsically safe ratings of the FMRC (Factory Mutual Research Corporation). Depending on intrinsically safe type classifications, 2 types, the IC-U8S1 and IC-U8S2, are available.
- Intrinsically safe: Class I, II, III, Division 1, Groups C, D, E, F, G
- Nonincentive: Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D
- Max. temperature range: T4A
- Connected battery pack: CM-79 only
WARNING: The IC-U8S1 DOES NOT meet the required intrinsically safe requirements when the optional UT-46 DTMF ENCODER UNIT is used.
- CM-79 BATTERY PACK: Voltage: 7.2 V; Capacity: 600 mAh. Intrinsically safe type. Same as supplied with the IC-U8S1.
- BM-71U/E AC BATTERY CHARGER: Desktop type. Rapidly charges the CM-79 within approx. 60 minutes.
- FA-450TA FLEXIBLE ANTENNA: Long-type flexible antenna. Ensures you longer distance communications.
- UT-46 DTMF ENCODER UNIT: Provides repeater control and autopatch ope