Reliable emergency communications.
DSC class C and optional SC-101 capabilities
The IC-M126DSC employs the latest in marine communications technology...DSC (digital selective calling). Class C digital selective calling allows you to transmit a distress call on channel 70, and when connected to a navigation receiver*, positioning data is sent at the same time. Also, an "all ships call" function allows you to quickly and easily contact nearby ships for less urgent communications. Moreover, when an optional UX-112 is installed, the DSC capabilities are enhanced to meet U.S. Coast Guard SC-101 specifications.(*NMEA0183 navigation equipment is required).
Durable water resistant body
The IC-M126DSC uses high quality rubber gaskets for all switches, controls and connectors providing water resistance you can count on in severe marine environments.
Sensor distress call
By connecting various sensors to the IC-M126DSC (eg. for fire, water intrusion, etc.), you can be automatically alerted to abnormal or dangerous conditions. When a sensor is triggered, an alert beep sounds after 25 seconds, if no controls or switches are activated, a DSC distress call is automatically sent on channel 70.
Automatic fog horn function
The IC-M126DSC includes an automatic fog horn function. Once the function is turned ON, the selected fog horn pattern automatically sounds in 100 sec. intervals until the function is turned OFF; even while operating other transceiver functions. Select one of 4 fog horn patterns depending on the requirements for the situation. In addition, the fog horn audio frequency can be selected from 200 to 850 Hz as desired.
Other attractive features
* All international and USA VHF marine channels plus 10 weather channels are available
* Optional voice scrambler function for communication privacy)
* Weather alert function
* Priority and normal scans can be selected to suit your preference
* Dual/tri-watch function between channel 16 and an operating channel or between channel 16, the call channel and an operating channel
* 2-way hailer function. With an optional UA-1 AUDIO AMPLIFIER, your voice can be amplified with 30 W
*Intercom function to communicate with a person remote from the transceiver. Intercom speakers can be placed in up to 2 locations
*Antenna mismatching indicator warns of abnormal antenna condition
* Low voltage indicator warns of a low battery voltage condition
* 4 levels of LCD backlighting brightness
* 3 levels of LCD contrast