IC-M710 - MF/HF Marine Transceiver
Single sideband radiotelephone
RX: 500 KHz-29.9999 MHz
TX: marine HF bands (see detailed specifications)
Output power: 150 W
Modes: SSB, AFSK, FSK, CW
Simple, dependable worldwide communications at an affordable price.
160 user-programmable, 242 ITU SSB duplex, 72 ITU SSB simplex and 662 ITU FSK duplex channels are available.
The highest quality components are used throughout. Constructed in a die-cast aluminum chassis with surface mount components, the IC-M710 is designed for long hours of operation in ht harsh marine environment.
The large, easy-to-read display shows status at a glance. Seven characters can be programmed into each memory channel to conveniently display station manes, ship names, etc.
150 W of output power
A full 150 W (PEP) of output power is available for reliable long distance communication. A large cooling fan, in combination with the aluminum chassis, allows continuous transmission at full output power, even during demanding RTTY (radio teletype) and NBDP (narrow band direct printing) operation.
Automatic tuning function
An automatic tuning function is available when using the IC-M710 in combination with the optional AT-130/E for quick and easy antenna tuning. Tuning is fully automatic. When you push the PTT on a new frequency, the antenna tuner quickly tunes the antenna automatically.
Easy to use
Two large memory and frequency dials allow quick and easy operation.
GMDSS versions available
Versions which comply with GMDSS requirements are available. With the addition of an IC-GM110 DSC terminal the radio meets DSC class A requirements.
- Frequency Coverage: Receive 500 kHz-29.999 MHz; Transmit* 1.6-27.5 MHz; *Restrictions may apply depending on version.
- Mode: J3E (USB), H3E, J2B (AFSK), F1B (FSK), R3E, A1A (CW) (available modes may differ depending on version)
- Number of channels: 1136 (max.) (160 user-programmable; 242 ITU SSB duplex; 72 ITU SSB simplex; 662 ITU FSK duplex)
- Antenna Impedance: 50 ohm (nominal)
- Usable Temperature Range: -30 to +60deg.C (-22 to +140deg.F)
- Frequency Stability: +/-10 Hz (-30 to +60deg.C; -22 to +140deg.F; +/-20 Hz above 15 MHz for General and Marine versions)
- Power Supply Requirement: 13.6 V DC +/-15% (negative and floating grounds are available depending on version)
- Current Drain (at 13.6 V DC): Transmit (max. output power) 30 A; Receive (max. audio output) 2.5 (negative ground type), 3 A (floating ground type)
- Dimensions: 291.4(W) x 116.4(H) x 315(D) mm; 11-15/32(W) x 4-19/32(H) x 12-13/32(D) in (projections not included)
- Weight: 7.9 kg; 17 lb 7 oz (negative ground type); 8.1 kg; 17 lb 14 oz (floating ground type)
- Output Power: 150, 60, 20 W PEP (selectable) (60, 20 W only for 25 MHz band)
- Spurious Emissions: -65 dB
- Carrier Suppression: 40 dB
- Unwanted Sideband Suppression: 55 dB
- Microphone Impedance: 600 ohms
- Sensitivity: J3E, R3E, J2B, F1B, A1A 0.5 µV (1.8-29.9999 MHz), (for 12 dB SINAD) 1 µV (1.6-1.7999 MHz), 6.3 µV (0.5-1.5999 MHz); H3E 3.2 µV (1.8-29.9999 MHz), (10 dB S/N) 6.3 µV (1.6-1.7999 MHz), 32 µV (0.5-1.5999 MHz)
- Spurious Rejection Ratio: 70 dB (1.6-29.9999 MHz)
- Audio Output Power: 4.5 W at 10% distortion with a 4 ohm load
- Audio Impedance: 4 to 8 ohms
- Clarity Variable Range: +/-150 Hz
- Covers all allowed bands between 1.6 and 27.5 MHz
- General coverage receiver
- Modes: SSB, RTTY, CW and AM
- 2182 kHz alarm built-in (optional for General versions)
- RF gain control
- Audio activated squelch
- Terminals for frequency/mode control via NMEA interfacing
- Direct keypad channel selection entry
- Large, front-mounted speaker
- Weather fax ready
- Backlight control
- CW full break-in and semi break-in
- AT-130, HF Automatic Antenna Tuner
Matches the transceiver to a long wire antenna with little insertion loss.
- FL-100, CW/FSK Narrow Filter (500 Hz/-6 dB)
Have good shape factor to provide better CW/RTTY reception. A 350 Hz/-6 dB Narrow Filter is already built-in to the GMDSS versions.
- GM-110DSC, DSC Terminal Unit
6 channel emergency scanning receiver--contains remote control capability of the IC-M710 GMDSS for distress calls, etc.
- HS-50, Handset
Provides clear audio reception and comes in handy for listening privacy.
- MN-100/MN-100L, Antenna Matches
Match the transceiver to a long wire antenna without applying DC power.
- PS-60, DC Power Supply
Provides 13.6 V DC (30 A) output from an AC outlet.
- PS-66, DC-DC Converter
Provides 13.6 V DC (30 A) output from 19-32 V DC
- UT-95, 2-Tone Alarm Unit
Already built-in to the Marine and GMDSS versions.